INDOOR & OUTDOOR rental kart
MOTORSPORT IS IN OUR DNA
Founded by renowned Formula 1 race engineer Rob Smedley, Total Karting Zero (TKZ) organises nationwide, affordable arrive and drive karting events encompassing training, practice and competitive racing in a family-friendly environment for drivers aged 6-17 years old.
Running the only electric kart fleet in the UK across Bambino, Cadet and Junior categories, using race-spec Birel chassis and electric powertrains developed in-house to ensure all the karts on the grid are equal, so talent comes first. Following 5 years of expertise in electric race karts, we’ve developed a class leading rental kart that’s cost-effective to buy, charge and maintain.
a rental kart that drives like a race kart
With a chassis from market leaders Birel ART and a bespoke powertrain engineered and assembled in the UK, the TKZ Lightning is a rental kart that drives like a race kart.
Available in Junior and Senior specifications.
- The Lightning is 73% cheaper to run than an equivalent petrol kart
- Increased safety due to reduced energy during accidents and less damage to other karts and track infrastructure
- An engaging, agile driving experience
- Fully sealed and IP rated- no dust or water ingress
- Requires no maintenance
- Minimises downtime and training
- No transport, storage or handling of petrol
CHEAPER THAN PETROL
Over 3 years, a fleet of 20 Lightnings can save an operator £666,000.
The hourly running cost for The Lightning is only £2.24 compared to petrol at £8.25 per hour!
MAKE IT YOURS
From our UK HQ, our engineers can adapt the spec and cost of the TKZ Lightning to your track’s requirements.
- Custom battery module achieves a best-in-class charge to discharge ratio of 1:1, meaning less time charging and more time on track
- Multiple power maps specific to your track and customers
- Custom graphics
- Adjustable seat, wheel and pedals
- Over-the-air speed limiter and remote shut down facility
- Over-the-air CAN communication provides live telemetry data to improve performance and reliability
- On-wheel display of lap times, mileage and diagnostics
- Reverse function
- Front and rear running lights
AFTER SALES SUPPORT
As a fleet operator ourselves, we understand the importance of reliability. From our base in Oxfordshire, we offer:
- Support line open 7 days a week
- Remote diagnostics capability- TKZ engineers can offer solutions remotely ensuring minimum downtime
- Battery warranty and spares package
- Software support, updates and improvements for the karts
Let's talk about how The Lightning can work for you