JOIN OUR TEAM
EXCITING AND UNIQUE KART MECHANIC OPPORTUNITY
Smedley Group own and operate Total Karting Zero (TKZ), the UK’s only arrive-and-drive electric karting championship. Our mission at TKZ is to make motorsport more inclusive and diverse. Having grown rapidly since we launched in 2020, our business is primed to develop substantially in the UK and internationally in 2024 and thereafter.
To help us with our continued growth, we require an experienced kart mechanic, with the following skills:
• Experience of preparing a fleet of karts in a timely fashion and to a very high standard in order to provide parity across the fleet and ultimately, an excellent customer experience.
• Experience of working at live events, maintaining and where necessary, repairing karts to a high standard, in a pressured environment facilitating an excellent standard of events.
• Availability to work event weekends as and when necessary, some of which will require overnight stays at various locations.
WHY WORK FOR SMEDLEY GROUP?
• Smedley Group is an advanced technology business with many exciting projects under-way with high-profile names and brands which is led by our CEO, Formula 1 Engineer, Rob Smedley. TKZ is only one area of our business, with imminent plans for expansion, with the potential to develop your current skills and experience.
• TKZ's mission is to do great things. We want to shake things up and get more of the younger generation into motorsport who wouldn't normally get a chance to drive competitively.
• We have an enthusiastic and highly motivated team already. They're passionate, dedicated and committed to the cause.
• TKZ's was born out of a deep-rooted passion to provide motorsport opportunities to everybody. This passion has continued to grow since the business started in 2020 and we continue to go from strength to strength every season.
• We have high expectations of our team. We strive to provide the best customer experience at all our events.
WHAT DO WE WANT?
• Shares our passion for motorsport and is fully dedicated to our mission and purpose.
• Has the technical skills and experience to build, maintain and assist with development of our kart fleet.
• Is a team player who can take instruction and knows when and how to use their initiative.
• Is highly organised and works methodically with a high attention to detail.
• Has a flexible approach to work and is prepared to work as part of the team or alone to achieve the high targets we set ourselves.
• Has strong communication skills and can effectively use them in a customer-facing role with people of all levels, ages, and backgrounds.
• Has a full driving licence and their own transport.
• Is happy to work evenings and weekends when required.
• Lives within an easily commutable distance to our headquarters in Banbury.
• Has a positive attitude to work is more important than experience.
• Can commit to normal working hours of Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
WHAT YOU'LL GET IN RETURN
• Competitive salary and good working conditions.
• To join a high-functioning team that are fully committed to the mission of making motorsport more inclusive and finding the champions of the future.
• Support from a team that will be pleased to have a valuable and dependable resource in this key role.
• The opportunity to be part of a customer-centric environment where customers are not transient, they are part of the TKZ community.
• Ongoing training to keep your skills up to date.
• Expenses covered when working at events.
• The chance to work alongside a team with vast experience in many areas of motorsport, including F1.
• To work with a forward-thinking company at the start of a very exciting journey.
PLEASE DON'T APPLY IF:
• You’re not ready to work hard and commit to our mission.
• You’re looking for a 9-5 average job. This is motorsport - events happen at weekends! And sometimes you’ll have to work evenings to get ready for the weekends.
• You expect it to be at all glamorous. You will work at UK karting circuits so expectations are best tempered.
• You can’t travel to the base in Banbury every day.
To apply, please send your CV and a brief covering letter telling us why you’d like to work with us to: email@example.com
Blog | October 2022
Author: Sammy Bryan | Technology Team
The efficiency of any mechanical system is never going to be identical however, the power output of electric motors is a lot more controllable than petrol engines: petrol engines have…
Stay in the loop
Want to hear more from us? Join the community below: